Underground Transmission and Distribution
Underground Transmission and Distribution services
From 230Kv to 5Kv and everything in between, Our crews have decades of experience in underground transmission and distribution services. We install electrical lines and conduits, pull and splice cable, rack cable in vaults and install elbows, and even troubleshoot and repair.
Through our guided boring services, we’ve helped our utility and commercial customers replace primary and secondary electrical cables in some of the most difficult-to-reach places, including property easements and parks, and through rock, clay, sand and gravel. Anywhere conventional open extraction won’t work, we can do it.
Directional drilling allows us to install conduits and vaults for all types of distribution networks and circuits without the disruption plowing can create. This method of installation makes underground work easy for our clients.
Underground transmission and distribution services include:
- Lead cable splicing and maintenance.
- Fiber optic ground wire installation.
- ADSS fiber optic cable installation.
- Overhead to underground conversions.
- Assurance testing (new cable installation).
- Network protectors and transformer installation.
- Testing and maintenance of network protectors.
- Fault locating and repair.
- Installation of vault lighting.
- Ventilation systems.
- Vault installation and repair.
- SF6 and oil switchgear installation.
- Vacuum truck and vault cleaning.
- Cable and conduit plowing.
- Vault and conduit installation.